The Walls is a Georgian townhouse, built around 1750. It is built right on the medieval and Elizabethan walls that surround the town of Berwick-upon-Tweed; which it depends on for its footings. It has five storeys, three of which are dedicated to guest accommodation.
- Our ground floor room, The Walls Room, is suitable for wheelchair access. We have not adapted the room, so please contact us and we will discuss whether we can be accommodate your specific needs.
- Wheelchair guests or guests with limited mobility can be dropped off at the old bridge, where you can get to our house avoiding any stairs.
- There are steps up to the house from the car parks, so if you have heavy luggage, please call at the house first and we will provide assistance.
- Our Dining Room is on the lower ground floor. However, arrangements can be made to set up dining facilities in The Guest Lounge on the ground floor if required.
- Large print material, e.g. menus and local information can be made available upon request but we have no materials available in Braille.
- We give all guests a familiarisation tour of your bedroom and all public rooms, additionally. There is also a guest information folder in each room.
- There is a bell-push in the guest lounge which alerts us in our owner accommodation should you need to contact us.